Exposed electrical wires turn bath tape into “lethal charge”, kills Mbizo 10 woman

712

OWEN MATAVA in Mbizo, Kwekwe

A-21-year old woman and mother of one from Mbizo 10 in Kwekwe, Tinashe Nyika died instantly Saturday evening when a suspected electrical fault turned the bathroom water tape into a “lethal charge”, midlandsnews can report.

Police in Midlands Province says are investigating a case of sudden death by electrocution where a 21 year old woman died after being electrocuted in a bathroom in Mbizo, Kwekwe.

Provincial Police Spokesperson, Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the incident which he said occurred on July 17 at about 1800 hours.

It is alleged that the now deceased, Tinashe Nyika entered the bathroom intending to take a bath and was electrocuted after she touched the water tape.

Police says she screamed for help and was attended by her father Joshua Nyika who found her lying unconscious.

“Joshua Nyika ferried her daughter to Kwekwe Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival. The matter was reported to the police who attended the scene.

“It was established that there was an electrical faulty where Live electricity cables were in contact with water pipes”, said Mahoko.

He added that the body of the deceased was taken to Kwekwe Hospital mortuary and is awaiting post-mortem.

Mahoko says Police investigations are in progress as he appealed to members of the public to always have loose Electricity fittings and wires attended to by qualified people whenever they are seen as a way of promoting safety.