BREAKING: Missing ex-Kwekwe Hospital Pharmacist Ngoni Mwashita dies in fatal road accident



Police in Gweru, Wednesday afternoon announced that Ngoni Takudzwa Dereck Mwashita (27) a Pharmacist with Zvishavane District Hospital who had been declared a missing person by his family and friends on March 25, died in a fatal road accident along Gweru-Zvishavane road, midlandsnews can reveal.

Although police could not immediately confirm the exact time and date of the accident, it is being alleged that Ngoni who was transfered from Kwekwe Hospital to Zvishavane District Hospital early this year died in a road accident at the 70km peg along Gweru- Zvishavane road whilst driving a dark grey Honda Accord bearing registration number AFA 4067 with no passengers on board.

Ngoni is said to have died as a result of serious head injuries this according to Police.

Police say prior to the accident, Ngoni visited Kwekwe on May 23 and was supposed to return back to Zvishavane on the same day.

Upon realising that one of their own had not returned home as was expected and his whereabouts were not known, Police say that Ngoni’ workmates and friends made a report of missing person at Zvishavane police station describing the motor vehicle and the clothes he was last seen wearing, leading to the search of the Pharmacist.

Reports are that on approaching the 70km peg along the Gweru-Zvishavane road, Ngoni allegedly lost control of the vehicle and it veered off to the right side of the road before overturning several times and landed on its wheels about 20 metres into the bush facing the North. Ngoni is said to have been trapped and died on the spot.

“On May 26 at around 1130hrs, Police details received information from one Makaya Mabuza who is employed at Afrochine smelting company in Chegutu. Mabuza reported the matter to the effect that there was a fatal road accident in Gakaka area along Gweru’Zvishavane road.

“The scene was attended by police details from Gweru traffic and discovered that the vehicle veered off the road, overturned several times and landed on its wheels in the bush and was not seen by passing motorists.

“The now deceased sustained serious head injuries and fractured left leg. He was trapped by the steering wheel and died on the spot. The remains of the deceased were ferried to Shurugwi District Hospital awaiting postmortem”, said Police.

Police say Ngoni’ motor vehicle sustained extensive damages all over the body.

This is a developing story more details to follow…