Zanu-PF investigations into the chaotic Kwekwe Central Constituency primary elections complete



Eng Daniel Mckenzie Ncube, who heads ZanuPF in Midlands Province, has confirmed that the party has completed investigations into the violence that led to the abrupt cancellation of the party’s Kwekwe Central Constituency primary election which left a trail of injuries and property damaged, midlandsnews can reveal.

McKenzie Ncube revealed the latest developments Monday evening while addressing Journalists during a Kwekwe Press Club virtual presser.

“Actually the investigations are complete, what is now required is to make a decision based on the recommendations from those investigations.

“I can’t reveal more on that issue, a decision has got to be taken and taken fast so that we don’t deteriorate into a situation which will all regret tomorrow”, Mckenzie Ncube told the media.

ZanuPF began investigating cadres who caused chaos in the Kwekwe Central primary elections held on October 3 last year, where prospective party candidates, Kandros Mugabe was battling it out with a 26-year-old Energy Dhala Ncube, for the sole ticket to represent the party should ZEC calls for the nomination for the by-election.

Kwekwe Central constituency was left vacant following the death of Masango Matambanadzo of the National Patriotic Front who died in July last year.

Zanu-PF Midlands provincial leadership suspended indefinitely the Kwekwe Central primary elections after rowdy youths thronged the party’s district headquarters damanding they be addressed on a plathora of issues chief among them the alleged doctored voters roll.

The youths also accused party leadership especially the then National Political Commissar, Victor Matemedanda of trying to impose a named candidate.

However, the refusal by the party’s local leadership to provide answers to the questions by the youths and women, allegedly led to violent acts including stoning parked vehicles at the party district headquarters.

Six party youths and one and only ZanuPF councilor in Kwekwe urban, McClean Nyamucherera have already been arrested in connection with the skirmishes.

During the court appearance of the arrested six youths and Clr Nyamucherera the State alleged that the councilor and his accomplices caused violence at Zanu PF’s headquarters.

“On the 4th of October 2020 and around 1300hrs, the accused person together with his accomplices who have since appeared in the court and others who are still at large, acting in concert, forcibly and to a serious extent disturbed peace, security and order of the public in that they teamed up and went to Zanu PF headquarters, Kwekwe where they engaged into public violence by assaulting people with stones, open hands, fists,” the court papers read.

The State also alleged that the seven also destroyed property within the Zanu PF District headquarters.

The seven denied ever involved in the skirmishes and have since pleaded not guilty to the charges. Their case is still before the courts.